Thursday, August 9, 2007

Workshop Reflections

This has been a great workshop with so much information that I reached a point of saturation at about 1:00 this afternoon. Anything that Dave showed us after that went right past me. I have more than I can use right now. I will revisit his wiki later and try to see what I missed, but the tools that I feel pretty comfortable using will keep me busy for awhile.

I am so interested in digital storytelling though. I am mulling over how I can use that in my classroom. I know that 5th graders can do it, I am just thinking about what will be the best fit with the most added value.

I would like to use blogs in a rotating schedule so that students can each have an opportunity to use the classroom computers to blog at least once a week. I would also like to use a wiki or maybe even a pageflakes page to communicate with the parents of my students.

I perused some of the other blogs from our class and found that many others are feeling the same way that I am feeling. This has blown a new door wide open and the tools that we learned to use are too valuable to allow this information to sit in a folder on my shelf and collect dust. I know i will be using it. I just need to get a handle no when & how.

No comments: